Common Business Mistakes…Are You Making Any of These?
Here are a few common business mistakes that can impact a business owner’s bottom line by doing too much of. Yes, too much of anything can be a bad thing, regardless of how well intentioned it is. Be warned, many entrepreneurs, businesses, and corporations get stuck in these common mistakes.
1. Too much time in development…not enough time marketing.
2. Too much time searching for new business…not enough time nurturing existing business clients/customers.
3. Too much time doing business…not enough time reflecting on ways to improve their business and implementing necessary changes.
Here are some business coaching solutions:
1. Dedicate at least an hour each day to just marketing. Try to set a routine and system that becomes a natural part of what you do everyday to promote your business. Decide when you will market your business and stick to it. Evaluate the results of your marketing efforts each week.
2. Evaluate which of your existing customers/clients you need to nurture more in order to gain more business from. It is much easier to get more business from an existing client than it is to get a new client. Start where you already have some traction.
3. Set aside at least 20-30 minutes each week to reflect on ways to improve your business. What are you currently doing that you can do better if you simply worked more efficiently? How can you save money and time by working smarter instead of harder? What is draining you? What can energize you to better performance?
Taking the time to answer questions like these can help you move forward and avoid common mistakes.